Attorney Timothy B. Barnard
Attorney Timothy B. Barnard obtained his undergraduate degree from Dartmouth College in 1966, and matriculated from the Vanderbilt University School of Law in 1969. After graduation from law school, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable William E. Miller, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee. He has been a member of the state and federal bars in Pennsylvania since 1969.
Attorney Barnard maintains an extensive practice involving environmental law and land conservation issues, as well as matters involving zoning and real estate. He likewise provides counsel in the area of estate planning and administration, and has handled significant numbers of complex estate planning and administration matters. He has extensive experience in civil litigation, having represented individuals and corporations for the past four decades. He serves as Secretary and General Counsel for the Willistown Conservation Trust, and has also represented the National Land Trust. He served as Solicitor for the Chadds Ford Township Sewer Authority from 1989 until 2001, and also served as National Counsel to Borg Warner from 1985 until 2009.
Mr. Barnard has long been active in professional associations, including the Delaware County Bar Association and the Pennsylvania State Bar Association. He is a member of the Environmental Law Committee of the American Bar Association, as well as the Tort and Insurance Practice Law Section. He is also a member of the Defense Research Institute.
Areas of Practice:
- Environmental Law and Land Conservation Law
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Zoning and Real Estate
- Pennsylvania, 1969
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, Nashville, Tennessee, 1969
- Dartmouth College, 1966
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Environmental Law Committee: Tort and Insurance Practice Law Section
- Defense Research Institute
Past Employment Positions:
- Judge William E. Miller, Chief Judge, U.S. District Court for Middle District of TN, Law Clerk, 1968 – 1969
- Chadds Ford Township Sewer Authority, Solicitor, 1989 – 2001
- Willistown Conservation Trust, Secretary and General Counsel